Program accredited by the EFPA (European Financial Planning Association) as a preparation for the EFATM (European Financial Advisor) certification exam. With this, you will be able to demonstrate your worth and perform professionally at the highest level of the banking and advising field which grows the most in developed countries. This programme contains a module of our Official Master’s in Banking and Finance (MBF) which can be studied independently.
The course has been designed to complement and deepen the previous education and experience of professionals who, in various areas, advise and manage personal estates. The basic aim is to teach the technical abilities, assessment, judgement, and advising necessary to optimize relationships with clients. The course provides the theoretical understanding and necessary practice to respond to the present and future needs of the client’s estate management, and to improve the quality and profitability of the services provided by the entity.
Modalidad de impartición
Este programa está disponible tanto en modalidad presencial como en modalidad online.
The European Financial Planning Association (EFPA) was created in 2000 as a self-regulation initiative in the area of financial services in the face of:
- The spectacular growth of personal, private, and private individual services, as well as financial advising, etc.
- The European Union’s initiatives to strengthen protections for banking and finance clients, and to create a single financial services market.
- The threat of extensive European regulation in financial services in general (FASP, MiFID, IMD, etc.) and financial advising, in particular.
- The willingness to offer a professional response.
The mission of the EFPA is to work with every level of financial advising and planning professionals and the related institutions, supporting their respective efforts to catch up to the training and competitivity needs required by the market and legal regulations through determining and promoting professional standards, and awarding certifications to those who have acquired the necessary competency to offer financial advice to clients.
Currently the EFPA has certified more than 30,000 professionals in Europe. In Spain there are more than 15,000 professional associates.
At the start of 2014, EFPA España already had 10,400 associates.
EFA™(European Financial Advisor)
This certifies professional aptitude for carrying out work in consulting, management, and financial advising to individuals in personal and private banking, financial services oriented towards individual clients and any professional banking function– insurance or independent– that implies the offer of an integrated service for asset or financing advising.
You can earn this certificate through one exam covering all of the required material, or through two exams corresponding to each of the levels.
- DAF/FAD: Financial Agent Diploma (Level I). National diploma which includes 50-60% of the contents of the EFA. Its validity as a partial exam for the EFA Certificate will be for 3 years from the date it was received. Those who obtain this national diploma will not be registered as a part of the EFPA European Register and therefore, will not be members associated with the EFPA and recertification will not be necessary, that is to say, they will not have the recognition if the professional does not keep it up to date, unlike in the case of the EFA.
- Level II. Second and final level of the EFA certification, which gives access to the European Certificate and includes incorporation as a full member of the EFPA España and EFPA Europe.
Who it’s designed for
- Professionals from financial entities with current and future responsibilities in the field of personal and private banking.
- Managers, advisors, and consultants who, being specialists in other areas, require a solid global education for consulting and managing client assets.
- Portfolio management professionals, companies and securities agencies, any entity linked to the intermediation or management of investments, or independent professionals.
- University students interested in specializing in this fast-growing field of business finances.
I’ve already worked in many facets of the world of banking and I wanted an educational experience that would refresh and deepen my existing knowledge. The quality of the teaching faculty is really good since they’re people who are in their professional day-to-day activity managing those subjects. It not only serves to refresh but also its increased my educational training and I am able to apply it to my work day-to-day.
In that same vein, I opted for CESTE because it is a face-to-face education. Even though from the beginning it requires a lot of work and sacrifice, it also forces you to develop a strong work ethic for this type of programme. This is not only to promote good organization, but also because of your classmates who create debate and a ‘healthy rivalry’ of which the objective is to pass the certification exam, and thanks to this dynamic with my classmates I ended up attempting and succeeding.
My experience studying for the Honours Programme in Financial Advising at CESTE has been very satisfactory, as it has allowed me to increase my knowledge and abilities related to my professional field. In addition, its allowed me to gain the EFA certification which is so important and valued in the world of banking and finance.
I’ve met professors with excellent professional and personal teaching attitudes who have taught me important theoretical and practical lessons. The reception from the very first moment was exceptional and the follow-up from the teaching staff (both at the face-to-face and academic advising level) was continuous, making you feel supported on all sides during the entire learning process.
Without a doubt, CESTE has made a point of reference on my current and future education.